Rockhouse Las Vegas, the “ultra-dive bar” inside the Venetian, is celebrating its tenth anniversary in Las Vegas, and they want guests to join in the celebration by hitting the stage for live-band karaoke, Thursday nights from 9 p.m. – midnight. And because even rock stars need help picking a song sometimes, Rockhouse reached out to some local celebrities, immortalized on their Las Vegas Icon Wall, who know a thing or two about celebrating a decade in Las Vegas.
Want to mimic Terry Fator’s go-to karaoke jams? Pretend you’re TJ Lavin singing U2? And would you be brave enough to sing “The Star Spangled Banner” on karaoke night like one prominent local?
Here are the suggestions that local celebrities would sing:
- Terry Fator – “Shameless” by Garth Brooks; “Fly me to the Moon;” “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- Absinthe’s The Gazillionaire – “Mo Money Mo Problems” by The Notorious B.I.G.
- Oscar Goodman – “Home Means Nevada;” “The Star Spangled Banner;” “My Way;” “Viva Las Vegas”
- T.J. Lavin – “With or Without You” by U2
- Frank Mir – “Ain’t No Grave” by Johnny Cash
- Wayne Newton – “Viva Las Vegas;” “Johnny B. Goode;” and (of course) “Danke Schoen”
In true rock star fashion, Rockhouse Owner and President of Fine Entertainment Management, Jonathan Fine, proposed to his now-wife at Rockhouse’s karaoke night, so you never know what may happen. Watch it here: http://bit.ly/2gesTss.
Rockhouse knows that not everyone happens to be a natural born rock star, but that doesn’t keep former professional BMX rider and TV personality T.J. Lavin from having a good time.
“I don’t sing, but I’ll rap the hell out of any 80s track,” said Lavin. “U2’s ‘With or Without You’ is a classic that I have to play whenever we go to karaoke with my boy Kenan Harkin.”
Try warming up – or finding some liquid courage – with one of Rockhouse’s drink specials; in any given month, guests can enjoy $2 domestic drafts and well drinks, $1 off featured draft beers, and $25 buckets of five bottles including of rotating select domestic and imported craft beers.